How to Sell an Airplane in Today’s Market
You need to understand the market for airplanes is a lot smaller than cars. Not everybody has a pilot’s license or the need to own a private jet. So how do you find yourself a buyer in today’s market – without taking up too much of your time and money? Here’s a list of insider’s tips.
1. Market your airplane internationally. It’s the only way to get a top dollar for your investment.
Take advantage of different economies and exchange rates. And if the process baffles you, get a professional airplane broker to help.
2. Research on similar planes on sale. This will help you see the market value, buyer’s expectations as well as the supply and demand for the same. Following your study, you can make yours stand out from the others in the market.
3. Don’t wait too long to sell your plane. It's a specialty market. Meaning to say, a buyer will continue to look until he finds what he wants. As a seller, you should be taking full advantage of that instead of letting your plane depreciate in value.
4. Hire a professional. Being a pilot doesn’t necessarily mean you know the first thing about marketing. Selling an airplane is not for the faint of heart. The creative marketing professionals will make sure your airplane stands out in the crowd.
5. Network with other flying enthusiasts to get the word out. You never know who you will get introduced to!
POST A COMMENT