Bobbi Brown: The Teaching Brand Arrives in India
The Bobbi Brown store, Select Citywalk, New Delhi
Most women can admit to having stalked their friends and relatives returning from foreign trips for packages that fed their Bobbi Brown obsession over the years. While the brand has only just arrived in India, the products have rounded up as many frequent-flier miles as any fashionista or luxury traveller. Finally opening its first store in New Delhi’s Select Citywalk, we do a thorough work up on the store, the collection and a few how-tos courtesy Eliano Bou Assi, Manager of Artistry & Education, Bobbi Brown
Maximum use of space without clutter makes the Bobbi Brown store easy to navigate. The shopper will much appreciate the well-designated sections that thrive on the brand’s teaching philosophy. The Bobbi Brown Best Sellers display and their Foundation Kiosk (designed to find your perfect match) will predictably be the biggest draw for brand loyalists. Overall, a décor with modern aesthetics, clean lines, vintage wooden furniture and illuminated vanity mirrors lend the store a chic SoHo loft feel.
A big advantage that will most definitely make the brand standout amongst its competitors is the interactive services designed to engage and educate buyers. From the brand’s How-To videos, to specialised services where Bobbi Brown’s artists teach you the art of creating signature looks—Smokey Eyes, Special Occasion Makeup, etc—this store will probably have women flooding the place just to learn a few tricks from the beauty dream team.
Bobbi Brown brings to India their global beauty collection barring fragrances and make up accessories
In Conversation with Eliano Bou Assi
Order It Right—The 10 Steps to Make Up Application
1. Start by prepping the skin with a primer suitable for your skin type (oily, dry, normal).
2. Select a foundation that disappears, one that matches the colour of your face… not your forearm (me guilty as charged, Eliano rolls eyes and smiles).
3. The Secret of the Universe: use the concealer to banish blemishes and redness, the corrector to camouflage discolouration and dark circles.
4. Never cake on the compact, take the light-handed approach only on areas that shine, especially for those with a T-Zone.
5. Bronzing powder is not optional, it helps temper the pale, red and brown areas of the skin to a neutral platform.
6. Preferably use a scarlet tone (red, peach, pink) on your cheeks. It looks more natural and unforced compared to a gold or bronze.
7. Hold off on the lip liner until after the lipstick is applied, sometimes you may just not need it. Besides, the lipstick tends to lose colour before the liner making for an odd outline residue.
8. Plucking your eyebrows isn’t enough. Your brow shapes your whole face and must be adequately darkened to create a strong frame, and also thoroughly groomed using a brow brush.
9. The right order to apply eye makeup is eye shadow, eyeliner, kohl, and then mascara. Colours for each will vary depending on your outfit and the occasion.
10. Always finish off with a dust of highlighter on your cheeks for a luminescent glow. It’s like waving the magic wand before you say, ‘Ta-da!’
Make Up Faux Pas
- Don’t try to make your lips look bigger by drawing and filling outside the lines. It looks messy and unreal. Use plumping colours and lip stains instead.
- If caking on your compact is the only way your skin tone evens out, you’re using the wrong colour of foundation.
- Only use compact on areas that are shiny, instead of counteracting and overdrying the areas that are healthily full of moisture.
- The 70s trend of applying blush in an upward stroke from cheekbone to eye is an error propagated by some in the industry. It is completely unnatural, so stick to the apples of the cheeks for a believable sun-kissed look.
- Women draw thick lines under the eye using kohl not realising it weighs the eyes down. The kohl should always be thinner than the eyeliner.
Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner and Long Wear pencil are likely to be a hit with Indian buyers
Did You Know?
- Bronzing powder is the easiest fix to the colour disparity most women notice between the skin on the neck and skin on the face.
- Use concealer + corrector… never either, or.
- Don’t use moisturiser in the eye area before putting eye makeup; it’ll make the eye shadow and eyeliner crease
- Sunscreen in make up can never substitute for an actual sunscreen.
- You must let your facial attributes decide your focus feature than rely blindly on runway and popular beauty looks, i.e. the dark, bold colour lip trend on those with small lips backfires as it makes the mouth appear even smaller
Indians Will Love
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Pencil
- Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Collection (slated for a year-end release)
- Katie Holmes for her natural and effortless beauty looks
- Julia Roberts for her ‘age appropriate vs trend driven’ make up
Bobbi Brown will retail at free standing stores only, the first of which is at G13 B, Select Citywalk, District Center, Saket, New Delhi. The brand brings to India their global beauty collection barring fragrances and make up accessories.
POST A COMMENT
No record found...