Image courtesy: BCCL, WSJ
One of the most well-known hoteliers and a bachelor who is usually spotted vacationing on his yacht, Vikram Chatwal was recently referred to as “larger than life” by the Wall Street Journal. When he’s not partying with like likes of Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian, or travelling between his hip hotels, his Manhattan pad is where he unwinds.
Here’s what you’re going to see when you enter the Chatwal bachelor pad:
- The hotelier bought the place for $6 million (approx Rs 30 crore) in 2010 and poured another $2 million (approx Rs 10 crore) into furnishing it, drawing upon the talents of Hilary Swank's decorator Mark Zeff to imbue a modern, white Gwathmey Siegel-designed box with a turn-of-the-century feel.
- Upstairs, there's a “wall of self-realisation”, where Chatwal keeps his framed press clippings as well as photographs with him and his father with heads of state like Bill Clinton.
- There's a mirrored wall with built-in TVs inspired by the sleekness of Chatwal's 150-foot yacht, Fathom.
- Additionally, there are neon red light bulbs in the shape of the word 'Vicious' in the sitting room.
- And a large nude photo of a seductively posed Pamela Anderson. The aforementioned piece was shot by Sante D'Orazio.
- Upstairs, a surfboard leans against the wall, with the word 'Gratitude' painted on it.
- About the Ross Bleckner piece upstairs: Hanging near a wall-size frosted glass pivoting front door is a large painting comprised of rows of coloured dots.
POST A COMMENT