Top Luxury Launches in 2011
Image courtesy: BCCL
There are enough luxury launches this year to keep the Indian millionaire - and his credit card - happy. So from the arrival of Hermes and Hakkasan to the launches of Bentley and Ferrari, here are the Top 10 launches we're looking forward to in 2011.
1) Hermes is Coming to Mumbai: Yes, the makers of the very coveted Birkin bag are said to be opening a store in Mumbai this year. Rumoured to be housed in a heritage building in south Mumbai, the new store will be Hermes's first stand-alone store in the country.
Opening in: Early 2011.
2) Hakkasan To Serve Michelin Star Chinese: London's famous Chinese restaurant will open in Mumbai's Bandra area. Hakkasan's Mumbai outpost will be designed by Parisian design studio Gilles et Boissier and reflect the flagship London eatery's oriental décor. The signature Ling Ling lounge will also make its way over here.
Opening in: Early 2011.
3) Le Mill Will Offer Luxury Lifestyle: The home/furnite/fashion store will be housed in a converted rice mill in Mumbai's Ballard Estate. The store, jointly owned by Vogue's Anaita Shroff Adajania and French expats, will also include a flower shop and café.
Opening in: February 2011.
4) Meghu's Japanese Food in Delhi: The famed New York restaurant will be opening at the Leela Kempinski in Delhi. Expect the New York experience - from cutlery, flavours decadent décor (think sake vases and kimono fabric on walls) and price. A meal for two cost $ 140 or Rs 6, 250 in the Big Apple, but may be watered down to suit the Indian market.
Opening in: March 2011.
5) Ferrari's Coming to India: The sports car will officially be available in India. Ferrari plans to make its debut in Mumbai and/or Delhi this year and will bring to Indian shores its iconic convertible California, the 458 Italia, the 599 GTB Fiorano and the 612 Scaglietti. With 110 per cent import duty, the California will cost Rs 1.5 crore.
Launching in: Early 2011.
6) Louis Vuitton's First Duty-Free Store: The luxury French brand's first airport retail space will open in South Korea's Incheon International Airport. Indians travelling to the US west coast or Australia can think about catching their connecting flights from Incheon now.
Opening in: Second half of 2011.
7) Jimmy Choo Shoes for Men: Yes, Carrie Bradshaw's favourite shoe brand plans to introduce a line for men too. Look for Jimmy Choo's dress shoes, moccasins, casual biker boots, sneakers and evening slippers for men.
Launching in: Fall/Winter 2011.
8) The First Ritz-Carlton in Bangalore: The Luxury Ritz-Carlton chain of hotels is getting ready to open a 250-room property in Bangalore. It will house a spa, an outdoor swimming pool and also dedicate an entire floor to luxury shopping. Another floor will be dedicated to the exclusive Ritz-Carlton Club which will only be accessible by a key-activated elevator.
Opening in: Late 2011.
POST A COMMENT
No record found...