ITC One room. Image via ITC Royal Gardenia
Luxury services very often take a toll on the environment, and setting these issues straight is the ITC Royal Gardenia in Bangalore is yet another hotel (the Leela Palace in Delhi too is a 'green' hotel) to be conferred the highest rating for green buildings in the world - the LEED India Platinum Rating.
This 292-room hotel has larger suites on the higher floors, along with massive balconies. Designed by Francesca Basu, each floor has been designed according to themes based on moods and representations of nature.
Here are some environment-saving features guests will find at Bangalore's ITC Royal Gardenia:
- The temperature control beside the beds lets guests set the temperature according to their needs, hence saving electricity.
- Only gray water is used in the flushes.
- Ninety per cent of the wood used is approved by FSC (Forest Stewardship Council).
- The sheets and linen are organic with the additional benefit of being completely allergen-free.
- Check this out, they have installed storm water and rainwater harvesting, along with evergreen screw chillers instead of air conditioners.
Without a second thought, a stay at this luxury resort would be guilt-free, right!
Via The Hindu
POST A COMMENT